Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Broken Ankle And Being a Mom

Well Softball season started for me and ended. A few weeks into it we were playing a team and loosing, I hate loosing. I got too aggressive and when I got up to bat I hit a good solid hit into the outfield. The aggressive part comes when I, instead of holding at third rounded to home. Now I could see the catcher getting set up to catch the ball I knew it would be close. She got the ball blocked the plate and I slid. I slid right into her, she was a lot bigger than me and even with all of my force sliding into her she did not move. I ended up breaking the dome of my talus, witch is the bone that your tibia (leg bone) sits on. Luckily I'm good on crutches from all of my experience. But no amount of experience can prepare you for a 13 month old never sit down always into something type of boy. Crutches took away my hands, I could no longer walk hand in hand with Bradach, let alone carry the boy when he needed it. One of the worst things is that if he was asleep in the car and I was alone I would have to wake him up and make him walk into the house. It was sad. But I was at the store and saw this kid whiz pass me on this contraption. He was in a cast too....I knew this thing was for me. So I went to Maag and they hooked me up. Its called a knee scooter and it has made me a mommy again. I can sit Bradach on the front when we walk, he walks to the side of me holding my hand, I can prepare and carry meals. I still am limited on a few things but it has made life so much better. Here are some pics of this scooter. I love it.

2 comments:

  1. That sucks about your ankle. We have a lady in our ward with a bad foot that uses a knee scooter and she can do absolutely anything. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe Grandpa Meline could use one of those scooters! I hope you heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete