Saturday, March 5, 2011

Busy Meline's

We finally got heat in this house this winter! It got below zero for a few nights in a row so we pitched a tent in the living room. Placed the space heaters to point in and camped out. Bradach loved it and it was a nice way to keep our minds off how real the situation was. Here is a pic of our new pellet stove, we got a steal on it. Its one of the best and the guy just never used it so he sold it cheap.
Bradach playing in the tent
Bradach and his best friend and sister :) Sadi, they wrestled in the tent.
Mommy and Bradach laying down for bed in the tentOur new pellet stove, Phil made the hearth, he did a great job!

We took a trip to visit my new nephew, and of course his sister and parents. We also got to visit and meet the newest member of the Meline family, Carl and LeeAnn's little girl Mallie.
We stayed the first night of our trip at the Come on Inn in MT. Forgot the swim suits (well Grandpa packed his) but for some reason I packed a swim diaper, lucked out there!
Meet Robert Morris Moldenhauer the 4th aka Bob
This is Mallie, she is adorable.

Mardi and Bradach frosted Sugar Cookie hearts for VAlentine's day....we strategically left the cookies there when we left :) I think these two stinkers ate more frosting than they got on the cookies.

Just an update since the last post was about my trip to the Mayo. I went and got home safely. It was well worth the trip. I got a diagnosis, and even though I'm not better and they can't fix it we can treat my symptoms. I'm learning to not let my chest pain get out of control or even last for more than a few minutes. Its causing my heart to starve of oxygen (ischemia). If I want the best possible outcome of a long happy life I have to stay on my meds and keep my symptoms under control. The disease is called Mircrovascular dysfunction and Prinzmetal's(which just started a few weeks ago), in a nut shell if I get over stressed or exert myself my microvessels (the smallest ones, capillaries) close off instead of open to get my heart oxygen. I'm tired most of the time, its an extreme fatigue...not just a "I didn't get that much sleep tired". Life is changing and we are adapting to my new life, it affects my husband and son as much as it does me. I'm glad Phil was already capable of many household duties ie cooking, cleaning, dishes and laundry because most days I can't do it. I'm learning some new hobbies like fly tying and knitting, we also got net flix so I'm watching some TV series that I never watched before. If one GREAT thing came out of this disease its that I have a new found patients with those around me. I'm not so quick to scold Bradach or make sure he is doing the things that are socially acceptable. I'm learning to enjoy the good days and push through the hard ones. I'm especially thankful for my love of my Heavenly Father and the love he has for me. Without it I wouldn't be functioning as well as I do now.

No comments:

Post a Comment