Monday, January 18, 2010

Bradach's First Time Skiing

Bradach is spoiled and got skis for Christmas. They are rented for the season, but I told myself the first ski season after he walked he would ski. I wanted to go about a month ago but just now got around to going. Today we went to Pomerelle and bought tickets for the magic carpet. I had prepped Bradach for this by letting him wear his ski boots in the house (anyone who has walked or worn them understands this) and pushing him around the yard in his skis. Well I hauled him up the hill in his sled, poor kid had a mountain of things in his lap. When we got to the carpet, which is like a conveyor belt that you stand on to take you up, he wasn't so sure but got on. He stood up like a champ the whole way, but made me hold his arms. After that first ride up he wanted to stand alone and be a big boy. When we got to the top he was laughing because of all the skiers around him. I held him between my legs and we were off! The kid said "wee" the whole time! He laughed and smiled, and when asked if he wanted to go fast he replied "fast!" I'm so glad he liked it. When we got to Grandpa's he told Grandpa "zoom", and "fast" and "whoosh", oh also "vvrrrrrrrr" for the carpet. I think he had a good day, I sure did, it was great sharing something I love so much with someone I love so much. I started skiing when I was 4 and I thought that its great Bradach beat me. He will be on a JR ski team in no time!
This pic he was looking at a kid eating a sandwich, prob wondering when I was going to feed him
Waiting in line for tickets to the best ride in town!
The magic carpet....sure is a lot nicer than a rope tow!! Check out his tiny skis.

Short vid I know, but I can't be picky when I didn't bring a camera person. Had to get a lame snowboarder to do it! LOL, hey he was a boarder and he was laying on the ground lame.


This sums it all up! This was one of our many rides up the carpet. Tell me the smile on that face says he had a blast.
All done...in the parking lot, one last pic to capture the day. He was great, not one time did he cry. Well one time, when I popped him out of his skis and he hit his forehead on the tip of my ski.That's one satisfied customer!
My first time skiing, the magic carpet there wasn't so magic, lol its just carpet.

Speaking of sleeping (the last pic of him), here is a pic of him in his "big boy bed" the first night he slept in it. Phil made the rails...he did an amazing job they look like they came with it.

2 comments:

  1. What a cute little skibum! You started him out early, but he still might grow up to be a boarder instead. Nice work on the bed rails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! He looks so cute! It looks like the two of you had a blast. I wish I could remember how to ski and get the guts to take Leah. She would probably love it! Cut the poor snow boarder a little slack, they spend most of their time on the ground, it's just how they do it! ;) LOL! I hate snow boarding, so I had to throw in a little dig at them! :)I am so glad you guys had fun! We are looking forward to our camping trip at the end of Feb. Should be tons of fun. Leah just got a new sleeping bag to take with us when we go!

    ReplyDelete