Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Growing up

As I was thinking about the year and how much Bradach has grown and changed I can't help but think about whats next. So I whipped out my What to Expect in the First Year book. Which I would suggest to anyone who is expecting. Anyways In Bradach's daily routine when he is ready for his afternoon nap I give him a bottle and then I take him into my room and lay down with him until he is asleep. He usually makes noises when he wakes up and I come running in. Well the other day he didn't make his noises and crawled right off of the bed. He didn't get hurt but I was so freaked out about leaving him on my bed to sleep. So the next day I tried the bottle but I held him until he went into snooze land and then layed him in the crib. Well that lasted about ummm...until I let go of him, and then he was screaming and so that ruined that trick. So being the sappy, easy going mom I layed next to him and stayed there until he woke up. The next day I tried the crib again but it failed. Although this time I didn't lay there the whole nap but I wasn't far, I used my time to clean the bathroom witch is right across the hall. Well today I thought that he is a big boy and should be able to handle a new thing. So I fed him the bottle and we went into his room, I turned on the baby Mozart music, gave him his blankey and his new beanie puppy that he adores (thanks Aunt Amy), kissed him and layed him down. I walked out and looked at the clock, 19 minutes later the screaming and crying stopped and my little guy was dreaming of playing with the doggy. He slept for almost 3 hours!! Tomorrow I expect a shorter cry time. I hope this gets better and easier. When he woke up he was all smiles and I loved his hair so much I had to take a pic of it. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment