Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Holliday Season at the Melines

I should start with Thanksgiving. We have so much to be thankful for in the Meline home. We have wonderful parents that care for us. We have a home that has food. Phillip has a great job, I have a great job. Most of all we have a wonderful son that brings so much happiness to our lives. Bradach Thanksgiving day, giving me a cheeser.


I think Bradach is thankful for his new friend Sadi.


Christmas, season has been a whirlwind of emotions for me. I feel so close to the spirit and the true meaning of Christmas. Its AWESOME to know that God loved us so much that he could send his only son to earth to die for our sins. I can only imagine, I have a hard enough time leaving my son one day a week while I work. Its been fun teaching Bradach about the baby Jesus. He doesn't quite get it but he will.
Its also fun to see him get so excited and say ooo's and aaaaw's when we drive down the roads and see lights. He loves the tree all the activities we have done lately to welcome Christmas.
This year I made up a whole bunch of activities wrote them down and put them in a tin for Bradach to draw out each day. We stated out with making a paper chain with the number of days until Christmas and he has enjoyed ripping a chain off each day. We made a book of the story of the baby Jesus and a few other activities. Here are some pics of activities we have been doing.


This is our mog pog tree of love, pieces given to us from friends and an ornament that we have picked out one a year since we got married. Phil made the topper, I painted it the first year we were married, its a snowboard and ski's and poles and yes it lights up. If you look close you can see the chain...and its almost gone! Also there is Bradach's riendeer hands, one from last year and one from this year. He sure has grown! This is the Christmas book we made as a family, I know its not in order...too hard to take a pic that way :) but you get the idea. I like Phil and Bradach's colored pages the best.
These sugar cookies gave me a sugar high just looking at them. Bradach is an excellent decorator.
Ginger bread house time!

Bradach piggin out on the candy.He did get a few candies on the house.

Well that's what we have been up to! This week will include a family tradition of the Christmas Eve party filled with great family and lots of food. Christmas day Phil and I are driving to SLC to see the lights at the Temple with Bradach. Then the next morning I fly out to Rochester, MN. I will be getting some extra special attention at the Mayo Clinic there. Hopefully I will come out with an understanding of what is wrong with my body and with some luck maybe a fix it plan. If you have any extra room in your prayers this next week please add my family. Its really hard for me to leave my husband and son home. Thank you and may you all have a wonderful holiday season!


No comments:

Post a Comment